The Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society (RAPS) recognizes 11 distinguished professionals and one patient-advocacy organization with awards for their support of the regulatory profession and work toward advancing public health.
RAPS’ Founder’s Award, Community Leadership Award and Patient-Centered Health Award are presented annually during RAPS Convergence, the world’s largest conference dedicated to healthcare product regulation and regulatory issues. RAPS Convergence 2022 will occur 11–13 September in Phoenix, AZ.
RAPS is introducing three new annual awards this year—the Rising Star Award, The Best Book of the Year Award and the Article of the Year Award. These will also be presented at RAPS Convergence 2022.
“Regulatory professionals work tirelessly to ensure healthcare products are safe, effective and available to the patients who need them,” said RAPS Interim Executive Director Bill McMoil. “These outstanding awardees exemplify excellence by setting the highest standards, giving back to the professional community, and ensuring the goal is always to improve patient outcomes. We are thrilled to honor them and their achievements.”
The Founder’s Award is the profession’s highest honor, recognizing exemplary regulatory professionals who have shaped regulatory policy and practice and have made a positive impact on the profession. This year’s Founder’s Award recipients are:
- Don Boyer, FRAPS, President, BOYER@RegulatorySolns
- Erik Hansson, LL.M., Retired
- Sue James, RAC-US, RAC-Global, FRAPS, Head Global Regulatory Affairs, Haleon
- Rainer Voelksen, FRAPS, Executive Director, RA/QA, Cairdac
The Community Leadership Award recognizes RAPS members who have served as RAPS ambassadors, building networks and supporting regulatory professionals in their communities. This year’s awardees are:
- Anja Wiersma, PhD, CEO, mi-CE Consultancy
- Maria V. Vrabie, Director of Quality Assurance & Regulatory Affairs, Abbott
The Patient-Centered Health Award recognizes organizations or individuals for significantly advancing patient-centered policy, product development or regulatory decision-making. The recipient of this year’s honor is:
- Friends of Cancer Research
The Rising Star Award recognizes promising individuals early in their careers who demonstrate initiative and exhibit a passion for strengthening the community. This year’s awardees are:
- Tom Patten, Certification and Inspection Officer (IVD), National Standards Authority of Ireland
- Aditi Khurana, CG, MB, RAC-Global, PMP, Director, Project Management, Asher Biotherapeutics
The Best Book of the Year Award celebrates one outstanding and original topical book published by RAPS in the year prior to Convergence. This year’s award-winning publication is:
- Software as a Medical Device: Regulatory and Market Access Implications
Lead editors: Koen Cobbaert, MSc, and Gert Bos, PhD, FRAPS.
The Article of the Year Award celebrates the most thought-provoking feature article in Regulatory Focus in the year prior to Convergence.
- The Linguistic Review Process in the Centralized Procedure in the EU
By Emma Louise Yang, MChem, MRes, PhD
All award recipients have been informed of their selection and will be recognized at RAPS Convergence 2022.
For more information and to meet this year’s awardees, see the RAPS Awards Program page.