Tom Price starts listening tour on drug pricing. The HHS secretary hosted patient and disease advocacy groups on Monday in the first of a series of meetings on drug prices, Pro’s Sarah Karlin-Smith first reported on Monday.
Price’s expected to meet with additional groups focused on drug prices, according to a source close to the administration who said HHS is working on a plan to address drug costs. He is soon expected to hold a meeting with PhRMA on patient assistance programs that help consumers afford medicines not fully covered by their insurer.
Among the attendees at Monday’s meeting:
- The American Diabetes Association
- The Alzheimer’s Association
- Friends of Cancer Research
- The Multiple Sclerosis Coalition
- The National Alliance on Mental Illness
- The National Health Council
- The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation