Manager - Public Affairs
Friends of Cancer Research (Friends) is seeking a Manager – Public Affairs to be a part of our fast-paced public affairs team.
Friends is working to accelerate policy change, support groundbreaking science, and deliver new therapies to patients quickly and safely. We drive collaboration among partners from every healthcare sector to power advances in science, policy, and regulation. We are uniting scientists, pharmaceutical companies, and policy makers with shared trust and guiding them toward meaningful cooperation.
The Public Affairs team is seeking a Manager – Public Affairs ready to help lead its communications, marketing, public affairs, and advocacy work. The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter that can collaborate effectively within a small but nimble organization.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will have experience around overall duties, which may include:
- Creating, developing, and executing on social media strategies, including designing graphics intended for use on social
- Utilize Google Analytics to assess campaigns and use data to enhance and evolve campaign strategies
- Writing and editing various materials including, but not limited to: press releases, op-eds, video scripts, social media posts, press statements, talking points, and blog posts
- Overall project management of various initiatives as the main point of contact including:
- Working with vendors and external stakeholders; must have the ability to cultivate relationships to support various projects and events
- Coordinating with numerous stakeholders to carry reports from start to finish
- 4+ years experience in healthcare or health-policy communications or a related field
- Bachelor’s degree from a publicly accredited college or university or higher
The ideal candidate will have some or all of the following qualifications and/or experience:
- Experience managing and creating dynamic strategies around organizational social media platforms
- Understanding of the regulatory and policy landscape in cancer or a related field
- Demonstrated and proven project management skills (internal and external)
- High quality writing and editing skills; consistent attention to detail and ability to translate complex scientific work into more broadly understood language
- Ability to work collaboratively and in a team setting
- Experience monitoring media coverage and compiling daily news reports
- Ability to maintain media lists and experience using programs like Muck Rack
- Drafting and development of pitches to reporters
- Experience with Drupal, Wordpress, or other website management software
This is an excellent opportunity for an intelligent, creative, and motivated person to make an impact on a growing non-profit organization and gain valuable experience in aspects of health and science policy research, cancer advocacy, and federal government relations.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter describing your interest in communications, public affairs, and specifically this position, as well as a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Manager – Public Affairs in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Friends of Cancer Research does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities of operations.