Friends of Cancer Research (Friends) is seeking a full-time administrative assistant. Friends is working to accelerate policy change, support groundbreaking science, and deliver new therapies to patients quickly and safely. We unite scientists, pharmaceutical companies, and policy makers with shared trust and guide them toward meaningful cooperation. We work for patients, families, and anyone impacted by cancer. That's what Friends does.
• Makes necessary travel arrangements; prepares and files travel authorization and travel vouchers for the President and CEO.
• Prepares itineraries and background materials as needed.
• Coordinates with the administrative team to conduct routine office duties such as answering phones, filing, mailing, and copying.
• Prepares expense reports for the President and CEO.
• Enters data into our organizational databases.
• Contributes with research projects for the President and CEO and the Science Policy Team when needed.
• Proficient in software programs including Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, and Excel).
• High-quality written and verbal communications skills.
• Strong written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Detail-oriented and organized.
• The ability to work under pressure and respond quickly to shifts in priorities.
• A self-starter with creativity and initiative.
• A willingness to work in a small, informal office setting.
• Proficient in multitasking.
• Self-motivated with the ability to thrive under pressure and on deadline.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Friends of Cancer Research does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities of operations.